For sample adults in 2005 who had taken any beta carotene in the past 12 months (VITABETA), VITABETAMO reports the number of months that respondents had taken beta carotene. The survey question did not require that the months be consecutive.
VITABETAMO is one of a series of variables reporting how often and over what period of time respondents had taken beta carotene. For VITABETAMO, interviewers asked respondents directly about the number of months in the past 12 they had taken beta carotene.
For months during which they had taken beta carotene, respondents reported how often they had taken this vitamin (VITABETANO), answering as they desired in terms of days per week or days per month (VITABETATP).
Variables similar to VITABETAMO are available for the following vitamin/mineral supplements (with years indicating availability):
- Calcium (VITACALCMO, 1992, 2000, 2005)
- Vitamin A (VITAMINAMO, 1992, 2000)
- Vitamin C (VITAMINCMO, 1992, 2000)
- Vitamin E (VITAMINEMO, 1992, 2000, 2005)
- Multi-vitamins (VITAMULTVMO, 1992, 2000, 2005)
- Selenium (VITASELNMO, 2005)
For more information on the full range of variables related to vitamins, see VITANY.
- 2005: Sample adults 18+ who have taken beta carotene in the past 12 months.
Codes and Frequencies
- 2005 : SAMPWEIGHT