For sample adults in 2005 who had taken any beta carotene during at least 1 month of the past 12 months (VITABETAMO), VITABETANO reports the number of days (per week or per month) that respondents had taken beta carotene in those months.
Interviewers asked, "During [the/those] month(s), about how many [days [per week]/days per month] did you take beta carotene?" VITABETANO must be interpreted in conjunction with VITABETATP, which reports the type of time unit ("days per week," "days per month," or "other") respondents used when answering the question.
Variables similar to VITABETANO are available for the following vitamin/mineral supplements (with years indicating availability):
- Calcium (VITACALCNO, 2000, 2005)
- Vitamin A (VITAMINANO, 2000)
- Vitamin C (VITAMINCNO, 2000)
- Vitamin E (VITAMINENO, 2000, 2005)
- Multi-vitamins (VITAMULTVNO, 2000, 2005)
- Selenium (VITASELNNO, 2005)
For more information on the full range of variables related to vitamins, see VITANY.
- 2005: Sample adults 18+ who took beta carotene at least one month in the past year.
Codes and Frequencies
- 2005 : SAMPWEIGHT