For sample adults in 2005 who had taken any beta carotene during at least 1 month of the past 12 months (VITABETAMO), VITABETATP reports the time period ("days per week," "days per month," or "other") respondents used to report how frequently they had taken beta carotene during the relevant months.
Interviewers elicited these responses by asking, "During [the/those] month(s), about how many [days [per week]/days per month] did you take beta carotene?" VITABETATP must be interpreted in conjunction with VITABETANO, which reports respondents' answers to the question in terms of number of days.
Variables similar to VITABETATP are available for the following vitamin/mineral supplements (with years indicating availability):
- Calcium (VITACALCTP, 2000, 2005)
- Vitamin A (VITAMINATP, 2000)
- Vitamin C (VITAMINCTP, 2000)
- Vitamin E (VITAMINETP, 2000, 2005)
- Multi-vitamins (VITAMULTVTP, 2000, 2005)
- Selenium (VITASELNTP, 2005)
For more information on the full range of variables related to vitamins, see VITANY.
- 2005: Sample adults 18+ who took beta carotene at least one month in the past year.
Codes and Frequencies
- 2005 : SAMPWEIGHT