For sample adults in 2005 who had taken any selenium during at least 1 month of the past 12 months (VITASELNMO), VITASELNTP reports the time period ("days per week," "days per month," or "other") respondents used to report how frequently they had taken selenium during the relevant months.
Interviewers elicited these responses by asking, "During [the/those] month(s), about how many [days [per week]/days per month] did you take selenium?" VITASELNTP must be interpreted in conjunction with VITASELNNO, which reports respondents' answers to the question in terms of number of days.
Variables similar to VITASELNTP are available for the following vitamin/mineral supplements (with years indicating availability):
- Beta carotene (VITABETATP, 2005)
- Calcium (VITACALCTP, 2000, 2005)
- Vitamin A (VITAMINATP, 2000)
- Vitamin C (VITAMINCTP, 2000)
- Vitamin E (VITAMINETP, 2000, 2005)
- Multi-vitamins (VITAMULTVTP, 2000, 2005)
For more information on the full range of variables related to vitamins, see VITANY.
- 2005: Sample adults age 18+ who took selenium for at least one month during the past 12 months.
Codes and Frequencies
- 2005 : SAMPWEIGHT